Saturday, May 15, 2010

Photoshopping


A few of the old photos are in terrible shape. This one of Grandma, Grandpa and Teddy, taken in 1938 or 1939, is from Jack's collection of loose photos. Maybe he carried it with him in his wallet while he was in the Army during the War.

I can alter these with photoshop, getting rid of the spots and wrinkles, cropping the edges and adjusting the exposure and contrast to make them clearer.

I laid this one on a brown background which makes the tears less visible, erased the dots and cracks and darkened it a little.


Jack and Kathryn in July 1926 when he was two and a half and she was just four.



Ben occasionally cut some one out of the background.
He must have carried this picture of Cele in 1930 in his wallet.




For this torn picture of Lora from Jack I added some smudgy film grain and made it arty.

It's all reversible.

So don't throw out any photos. Send them to me and brother Bill and we'll work on them. Scan them if you like or just mail them to me. I'll scan them and send them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment